Things are getting real

We are starting to realize that we set this adventure year in motion and it is actually starting to take shape. We have been in talks with a realtor in Mexico since we got back from Cholula in February 2026. He found us a dog-friendly house with a large walled garden in the back yard for a one year rental, available in August! We took a virtual tour on Saturday and have been in talks with the owners and both realtors to work out all the details. There have been a few bumps but it’s starting to look like we are really going to live in Mexico this year! 

I am continuing to sort through our belongings and decide what we are keeping, donating, storing (for picking up later) and what we will leave in the house to rent in our absence. This part of the transition is going to be a bit chaotic and messy. It is to be expected. When we moved to this house five years ago we hired movers who packed literally everything we owned and most of what they packed never should have even come here. I am still unpacking and sorting those boxes in the attic; stuff we haven't seen or needed in five years is most certainly stuff that we don't need to keep. But even though I haven't seen it in years I still need to know what it is and decide how to get rid of it. It is emotional work. 

I am setting my gaze farther down the road and envisioning the calm of owning less stuff. The freedom and lightness that will come with this change is what is keeping me going.

This adventure is going to change us all in ways we can't even foresee. 

Who will we become? 

What will the pace of our daily lives feel like? 

What will we do that is meaningful? 

How will we connect with people in a new place? 

What will it be like to be on the outside of the political landscape of the USA right now?

What will peace feel like?


Comments

  1. So exciting! I’m so happy for you that you are having this adventure! A great opportunity to take stock of life and lighten the load! 😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of this blog, thank you for sharing! What an adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The most telling part of your post, the one that really hit me in the feels, is that last question. “What will peace feel like?” So on some level, peace is missing from your current arrangement. (I am refraining from political remarks here…) It is absolutely my wish for you and your family that you are able to find/create the peace you seek. 💜

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a message. Thank you!